Friday, April 26, 2013

My first Bulgur-Vegetable-Salad

My first Bulgur-Vegetable-Salad

I have been chosen to participate in a cooking box test.
Not sure if "cooking boxes" are known everywhere but in Germany for instance you can order different kind of boxes filled with food for one to four persons and they have all the ingredients you need to cook certain recipes which are also included.
For the Germans here, my box was delivered by www.kochabo.de

I will add the recipe at the end of this post for those who may want to try it - it's so quick and easy and absolutely delicious.
The recipe itself is written in a way that even cooking starters are able to handle it.
To make it easier for myself I prepared everything upfront, means washing and cutting vegetables.
To keep oversight I didn't put all in one pot as the tomatoes for example had to be put in later than the other vegetables. But also keeping oversight as I'm usually not trying to document my cooking.
I was astonished by the quality of the food as I never got so much juice out of a lemon before, that means I can highly recommend this website, they deliver wonderful quality.
You have to add Ras el-Hanout and I had the impression that its quite a lot but trusted the writer of the recipe and they were right. All measures for the different ingredients should be kept to get such a delicious salad in the end.

Try it yourself (and it's completely vegetarian for those who don't eat meat).
Yummie,
Miss Faith

What do you need (2 persons):
- ca. 150 gr Bulgur
- 3 Tomatoes
- 2 green onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 small can of red kidney beans
- 1 soup spoon Ras el-Hanout
- parsley (fresh)
- 4 soup spoons lemon juice
- olive oil
- 325 ml water
- salt and pepper

How to do it:
1. Wash the tomatoes, remove the core and cut them into small pieces. Wash the green onions and cut them into small rings. Peel the carrot and cut it also into small pieces (no slices). The same for the red bell pepper, also cut it into small pieces as well as the onion. Squeeze the lemon to have the juice for later.
2. Heating up the oil in a pot and put in onions as well as the vegetables (except of tomatoes and beans). Steam them for 3 minutes. Open the can of beans, wash and dry them. Now add the bulgur to the vegetables in the pot and steam for another 2 minutes while stirring. Now you can add the Ras el-Hanout, beans and tomatoes.
3. Pour the water in the pot, add salt and pepper, and boil it shortly while stirring. Then cover the pot and let it soak on the lowest flame for 15-20 minutes.
4. In the meantime wash the parsley and cut it. As final step add lemon juice and parsley, add more salt and pepper if needed and ENJOY!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to receive comments!