Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Facebook status

Facebook status

Am I on Facebook?
Sure I am as several others, or let me say I hardly know persons who aren't.
Why is Facebook not showing up on my blog then?
I mean, I'm just writing about it but there is no possibility to follow me on Facebook.
You want the truth?
My Facebook is my private fun.
A network where I'm connected with friends, family members and colleagues and it was hard to separate them into groups with restricted views on my profile.
I'm not shy or prude but I don't believe that my colleagues need to have access to my latest holiday pics or need to know where I was exactly at which time where on the other hand my friends are allowed to see it.
I'm happy when friends just pop up in the same location as they have seen my status on Facebook. It's also a nice way to stay in touch with friends or family spread all over the world.
Even now when I'm in the situation that the whole family of my husband is living in Libya I love to have a network like this.
Just yesterday my husband became a proud uncle of a little girl for the first time and the cutie was shown in our private family circle.
You see, this is internal stuff for myself on Facebook and that's why I haven't linked it to this blog.
My plan for the future is to have a public Miss Faith profile.
But this needs to be set up in a professional way and I honestly didn't found the time yet to start working it out. Stay tuned, as soon as its online I will let you know for sure!
Now back to the private account.
What I recently discovered is that Facebook is asking its members directly how they feel, what they think or where they are.
Does they mean they care - I would rather say they want even more information from users.
Some are serving them well already nowadays or would you put in your status that you are just on your way to hospital for giving birth?
Not me, that's a no-go from my point of view. Even if we are all and everywhere online and connected there should still remain some privacy.
As Facebook isn't that easy to handle in regards to privacy I just post stuff where I would have no problem if strangers may see it. Means not posting almost naked pictures or status updates which carry my deepest emotions. Break ups are often posted and what for? Should my friends be sorry for me or back bite my then ex-boyfriend? If I want to share these stories with a good friend I pick up the phone and dial his or her number.
Preferred by me are updates like favorite songs, favorite quotes, some funny pics from time to time or congrats to whatever. I can show my new bought couch to my family who is not living directly around the corner or send my husband snowy pictures from Germany to Libya.
What are your favorite status updates and what would you never write on a social network page?
Let me know your "random" thoughts.
Yours Miss Faith
P.S.: the pic is my status on New Year's Day ;-)

Facebook status

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to receive comments!